Thursday, December 12, 2013

Zoe (formerly Sadie) - Adopted November 2012

I can’t believe it has been a year- it feels like Zoe (formerly Sadie) has been a part of our family all along! She is doing great! The last time I sent an update was in March and we were fighting mange. I am very happy to say we are now mange free and haven’t had any health issues at all! She's a happy, happy girl and now that we have moved to our new home she has a giant yard that she loves to spend her days running around chasing bugs, birds, squirrels and shadows! 
 
I won’t ever be able to express my gratitude to APAWS for rescuing Zoe. At our first checkup, the veterinarian approached her to begin her exam and Zoe ran under the exam table and hid in her urine for nearly 30 minutes until we could coax her out with treats. The great news was she was healthy but the sad news was the vet told me it was obvious she had been abused. She gave me advice for helping Zoe feel comfortable in her new home and told me it may take some time for her to warm up.
 
Zoe has all the reason in the world not to trust people yet she is the gentlest, calmest and most loving dog I have not only ever had but honestly ever met. 
 
Thank you again for saving her and trusting me with her! Here a some pictures- I practically have millions :)
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment