Friday, August 13, 2010

Hendrix

When I first met my fiance, he wanted a cat...that's how I knew we were meant to be. He was looking on craigslist and stuff like that, and I told him he needed to go to APAWS! I work with APAWS through the vet I work for and happened to know of some wonderful kitties they had. I called up Emily and told her about Brian and said what he really wanted was a cat with long hair or that had marking similar to a Bengal. That Saturday while Brian was at work I went to adoption day to scope out potential cats and met Hendrix. Hendrix is the absolute opposite of what Brian wanted as far as looks go. He has short hair and he is orange and white. I had to ask the volunteers about his story because he was in his Luv-a-pet cage belly up asleep without a care in the world! They told he was in a house where everyone got arrested, and the cop didn't want to leave him so he put him in his unit, but he had one problem...his wife is allergic to cats. Hendrix had to spend the night in a jail cell until APAWS came to the rescue! Brian agreed to meet him during the home check, but he seemed more interested in the other long haired felines that Emily was bringing for him to meet. 
                                            

1 comment:

  1. Kacie - I'm so glad Brian chose Hendrix! He is such a guy's cat :) For some cats we have an idea of the home we want for them - for Hendrix I pictured a guy about Brian's age! I'm so happy everything worked out so well!

    ReplyDelete