Sunday, August 15, 2010

George


I adopted George from APAWS a little over a year ago. He had been brought to APAWS after they spotted him for adoption on Craigslist. He had only been with APAWS 1 day, so they didn't know that much about him, aside from the fact that his owner no longer wanted him because he wouldn't bond with her.
Since I have cats and they only had him a day and didn't know how he was around cats, I was told to foster him for a week and let them know.
I got him home and he was totally fine with the cats. He followed me around the house all day and when I got in bed that night, he jumped in with me and slept curled up at my side, burrowed under the covers.
I knew the next morning he was home and left a message on APAWS voice mail that I wanted him forever.
I never thought I'd own a small dog, but what he lacks in size, he makes up for in personality. He doesn't have problems bonding at all and LOVES people. If someone comes over, he alternates between sitting in my lap or theirs.
At adoption day, I'll admit, I passed him up several times because I was looking at larger dogs then I spotted this tiny, adorable dog towards the very end that I hadn't noticed before.
He's a great dog and seems to sense my emotions, and if I am upset, he never leaves my side. I've gotten to where if I go on vacation, it's hard to sleep in a bed by myself because I'm so used to him sleeping right next to me at night.                                                   - Submitted by Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment