Tuesday, March 18, 2014

B.B. - Adopted July 2013

It’s been one month to the day that I adopted B.B. (aka Beefy, aka BeeBee), so I thought I would write to let know how he is doing.  The first few weeks were a bit hard on both of us.  He naturally missed Susan, his wonderful foster mom and I missed Baron, my dog that had died a month prior from cancer.  Thankfully, over time we bonded and  it’s been better and better every day.

We thought about changing his name, but in the end just shortened it to B.B. which sometimes means just that, but sometimes stands short for Bad Boy. J  He’s a real rascal, a true terrier puppy.  When he’s outside he loves to chase the lizards in the garden, knocking over any flower or bush in his wake or bark his ferocious “I think I’m a big dog” bark at my neighbor’s dogs, even though they are 5 times his size!

B.B.’s absolute favorite activity is going for walks- day or night, rain or shine.  I bought him a special harness (since he’s quite a puller) and as soon as he sees it in my hand, he stands up straight and even picks up his little short legs for me so I can snap it on easier.  B.B walks like he’s on a mission.  His nose is to the ground, investigating everything.  Living in the “big city” has been quite a change for my little country dog.  Train horns, giant storm drains, city buses, automatic doors were all new to him, but he quickly learned to take them in stride. 

I am so happy that I took a chance on B.B. At first, I worried that I had made a mistake adopting him, worrying that I wasn’t quite ready for another dog. Thankfully, B.B. was patient with me and let me cry my tears for Baron into his soft, silky coat.  He allowed me to grieve and then when I was ready, showed me that I have so much more love to give.  He’s a wonderful buddy and a real joy to have around.

Thanks for giving me the chance to love another dog.





No comments:

Post a Comment