Friday, November 2, 2012

Buster - Adopted September 2011

Buster has been such a joy to have in our household.  I couldn't imagine my life without him.  He sleeps under the covers with us every night (he even knows how to tuck himself in).  After doing a DNA test, we found out that he is 50% Bullmastiff and 50% American Bulldog.  In the fall of last year, Buster was diagnosed with canine Masticatory Muscle Myositis (MMM).  It is an inflammatory disease that affects the chewing muscles.  The immune system recognizes special fibers found in the jaw as foreign to the body and attacks them.  The vet started him on steroids to correct the problem.  In July, he received his final dose of steroids.  They want us to keep a close eye on it to make sure it doesn't come back, but since then he has been healthy as can be.  At his last vet appointment, he tipped the scales at 87 pounds, but I fear he is not quite done growing.  I am attaching some pictures of Buster and one with his sister, Isabelle.  He celebrated his first birthday this summer, so we had a little party for him.  I even made him a dog friendly birthday cake (carrot cake with peanut butter icing).  He didn't like the birthday hat I made him wear, but he tolerated it long enough for me to get a picture.  I am also including some pictures of him opening his APAWS christmas stocking from last year (he's about 7 months at the time).  He has recently started sleeping the closet of our computer room, I guess he likes the peace and quiet.  So he is not in time out in that picture, he just likes to hang out in there. He is a bizarre little dog, and I love him for it.








No comments:

Post a Comment